Today is one of those days where I can’t sort my thoughts out well enough to give you a decent post. Instead, I give you ten random facts, all taken directly from Uncle John’s Gigantic Bathroom Reader by the Bathroom Reader’s Institute. They have a website: the bathroom reader – check them out!
1. Iron Age magazine once called Theodore Roosevelt “a drunk.” He sued, and won 6¢.
2. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to boil half a gallon of water.
3. The first thing Thomas Edison filmed with his movie camera was a person sneezing.
4. If you tried to count off a billion seconds, it would take you 31.7 years.
5. Estimated value of a single pair of Elvis’ underpants: $1,300.
6. Q: Why was the shark model in Jaws called Bruce? A: Steven Spielberg named it after his lawyer.
7. In her films, Shirley Temple always had 56 curls in her hair.
8. The word mattress originally meant “place to throw things.”
9. The book Green Eggs and Ham contains only 50 different words.
10. Most mentioned woman in the Bible: Sarah, 56 times.